Douglas J. Lutz
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Prior to joining Wasserman Grubin & Rogers, Mr. Lutz served as an Assistant District Attorney in Kings County, New York, for six years, including assignments in Felony Trials, Homicide Investigations, Appeals and asa supervisor in the Early Case Assessment Bureau.
Mr. Lutz is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he was awarded the Honors Program Scholar Medallion, was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and served the University as the President of the College of Liberal Arts Student Counsel and as a student representative to the University’s Academic Assembly and Faculty Senate. He received his Juris Doctorate from George Washington University, where he graduated with Honors, served as a member of the Moot Court Board and Vice President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association and received the Washington D.C. Trial Lawyers Associations Outstanding Student Advocate Award.
Mr. Lutz is the co-author: “Prompt Payment in the New York State Construction Contracts” CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTING. Vol. 16, No. 3, May / June 2006.
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Vice President, Student Trial Lawyers Association
- Honors: Washington D.C. Trial Lawyers Associations Outstanding Student Advocate Award
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1987
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, University Scholars Program
- Honors: President, College of Liberal Arts Student Counsel
- Honors: Student Representative to the University’s Academic Assembly and Faculty Senate
- Major: History and Foreign Service and International Politics
- Perkins Eastman Architects, P.C.
- St. Patricks Home for the Aged and Infirm
- HRH Construction, LLC
- Churchill School & Center for Learning Disabilities
- Kings County (NY) District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1990 to 1996
- Prompt Payment in New York State Construction Contracts (c-Author), Construction Accounting and Taxation, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2006
Current Employment Position
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- New York, 1991
- New Jersey, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997